Friday, October 21, 2011

Making Comics Podcast!


Now, this is really exciting news! Jason Brubaker of formidable graphic novel reMIND has started a new website at makingcomics.com. This is going to be an invaluable ressource for everyone who wants to create his own comic or graphic novel. To kick off the website he's starting a podcast and I'm very happy to announce that I will be co-hosting it together with Jason.

When I started to create the Wormworld Saga graphic novel in late 2009, the first thing I did was searching the internet for other people that were trying the same thing. I was very lucky to find Jason's blog where he had just started to post the first pages of reMIND. But it wasn't only his graphic novel that inspired me. He wrote a huge bunch of articles about creating graphic novels and later he even started an online forum in which I eagerly participated. He really is passionate about graphic novels and after finishing his first book, receiving a Xeric Foundation grant, and successfully financing the first print run of reMIND via kickstarter.com, he definitely is someone you want to listen to, if you share this passion.

So, from now on I will take a few hours at the evening every now and then and have a conversation with Jason Brubaker and a not yet to be disclosed list of amazingly talented guests. Our first test recording already ended up to be an interesting conversation which Jason has fashioned into a 9 minute teaser for the podcast. You can listen to it on the makingcomics.com website or in iTunes.

I'm really looking forward to this and I hope that you all will enjoy the podcast!

3 comments:

  1. This looks really exciting :D Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 year revenue based on 1 chapter?

    Marketing at work folks!

    Grats

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like the webcomics.com thing. But free, so that's cool. Looking forward to it

    ReplyDelete